Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last Night in NL...

A quick post tonight because I have to be up in about 4 hours! I have to get some sleep. I find it near impossible to sleep on planes, so I'm betting I'll be pretty tired when I arrive in Shanghai.

Am I ready for this? I don't know.... I woke up this morning and for the first time (maybe because I knew I had less than 24 hours to go), felt a pang of trepidation. What am I getting myself into?? And I ask that in a good, rhetorical way - the lows may be lower than I expect, and the highs higher. If that makes any sense. I spent my first few weeks in France homesick, but by the end of it, I wanted nothing more than to stay. We'll see. If I don't write for a few days - even a week - it's because I'm "culture shocked" and don't want to use this blog as a place to gripe about why "they" can't do things more like "we" do.

Good night and see you from the other side of the world...

1 comment: