Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Countdown is on...

I woke up this morning and realized I'm into my last four days. My final SWAP registration kit showed up on Friday. I've had my farewell party at The Keg. I have my passport back with my Chinese visa. I have a fistful of yuan to get me through the first few weeks.... not as safe as travellers' cheques, I know, but I refuse to go that route. Too much trouble! And they seem very antiquated today - I've travelled to 13 countries and the only time I used travellers' cheques was when I was 16 and didn't have a credit card.

The one thing I have been putting off is the inevitable trip to the necessary evil that is Wal-Mart. I really hate Wal-Mart. My fellow Terra Nova Toastmasters know about my Wal-Mart abhorrence because I even did a speech about it. But there's no denying it is a one-stop shop. Dominion isn't far behind, but it's also more expensive. Ugh. I'm thinking about doing a 1 am trek to avoid the screaming children and rude people blocking the aisles with their carts. Or I could head over this afternoon and use it as last-minute preparation for crowd tolerance??

That is it for now. Time for another farewell coffee....

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of countdowns 365-15

    http://will-i-finally-get-around-toit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete