Saturday, January 10, 2009

Leaving the corporate cocoon

I love this article from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/worklife/01/08/jumping.ship/index.html.

These people are living their "What Ifs". My situation is different - I'm not starting my own business - at least not yet! - but I have thought about the negative "What Ifs". What if China doesn't work out? What if I don't get into an MBA program for the fall? What then? I'm taking gap time now based on my plans to start a full-time MBA in September. I have an interview with George Washington U next week... I'd love to know I have a place somewhere before I leave for China.

Speaking of MBA programs, it's time to get back to my essays for Kellogg :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing a lot more of that myself, only on a smaller scale (things like stopping to help people on the side of the road and the like) It makes life a lot more exciting if you can force yourself to go outside of your comfort zone.

    Best of luck with your flight! I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete